Press Release - Traffic Stop - Drug BustOn May 2, 2019 at around 5:45 PM Deputy Christopher Miller was on patrol on US Route 7 in Pownal when he stopped a car for speeding. The operator of the car was determined to have a suspended NY driver's license. While monitoring the driver and passenger he observed some suspicious movements inside the vehicle between the two and a handbag. Trooper Godfrey assisted on the traffic stop and noticed track marks on the arms of the passenger, Amanda Wilkins, age 32 of Poultney, VT. Bennington Police Officer Murawski came to assist with his K-9 Gracie and she alerted to the presence of narcotics inside the vehicle. Wilkins is the owner of the vehicle a consented to a search of the vehicle. The search resulted in drugs and paraphernalia being seized:
- 4 empty glassine bags with Blue Escobar stamps,
- 2 Needles with foil with a burnt brown substance,
- A grey metal lock box containing the following:
- A Ziplock bag with white powder weighing 27 Grams,
- 1 clear bag with white rocks/powder weights 1 gram,
- 9 used hypodermic needles,
- 2 tube shaped glass pipes with brown residue on one end,
- 2 glass bowl shaped pipes,
- 3 metal spoons with white substance on the top and burnt on the bottom,
- 52 glassine bags with a blue logo of (12/24) in blue writing, 25 of which were unopened
- 1 bindle (10 glassine bags) with a logo of blue of (ESCOBAR),
- 2 glassine bags with residue with a blue logo of (EXIT 3),
- 3 glassine bags with residue with a blue logo of (GREESE MONKEY),
- 12 glassine bags with residue with a blue logo of (Escobar).
- Along with multiple straws and paper clips with brown residue.
- Sheriff Imposter Calling Residents with a SCAM!
- Vandalism Press Release
- Press Release - Stolen Jeep Recovered
- BCSD Press Release on May 31st Drug Arrest
- 2019 CLICK IT OR TICKET CAMPAIGN