Tire Deflation TrainingPownal - On Dec. 3, the Bennington County Sheriff's Department hosted tire deflation training for law enforcement officers. Bennington Police and Vermont State Police also attended.
According to the Sheriff's Department, tire deflation is the safe, effective and controlled stopping of a vehicle that is failing to stop for law enforcement that reduces liability. After classroom instruction the training continued at the former Green Mountain Race Track where police practiced the deployment methods. A car, donated by LeBlancs Auto, was used for mock pursuits and actual tire deflations.
Compliments of: The Bennington Banner
- 2017 Thanksgiving Seat Belt Campaign
- Bennington County Sheriff's Office K9 Millie to Get Body Armor
- New Crime Tip Line Launched in Bennington County
- Solar Array to Help Support Sheriff's Department
- Catch a free, Safe Ride home on New Year's Eve